Capital of sustainable development, Angers was awarded the National First Prize for the decoration of town with flowers in 2003. Angers not only enjoys an exceptional setting, but the town also has an extraordinarily rich heritage and a special ‘art de vivre’. Charming chateaux, a strong gastronomic tradition, renowned vineyards, etc. Angers has as much to offer as the best known treasures of French culture.
- 17th biggest town in France.
- 283,000 inhabitants in Angers Loire Métropole.
- Over 30,000 students, 2 Universities (public and Catholic)
- 1 ½ hours from Paris by TGV and 2 ½ hours by car (motorway).
- International airport of Nantes and the regional airport of Angers Loire.
- City Pass: “The” pass for Angers and its region. Discover Angers and its region quickly at the lowest possible cost and in complete freedom! Make the most of the cultural and tourist amenities of the Angevin region thanks to the City Pass card. This gives you free admission to more than 20 sites and tours, with many other advantages. Documentation in GB/ I/ E/ NL/D. 3 options available: 24 hours City Pass (15euros), 48 hours City Pass (23euros) or 72 hours City Pass (29euros). Free entrance fee for people who are less than 18 years old in the Museums of Angers Centre and in the Castle of Angers. You can buy your City Pass from the Angers Tourist Information Centre or book it directly online: http://www.angersloiretourisme.com/en/
- City Break: week-end and short-stay proposals all year round. Become a privileged visitor! Angers is the gateway to the Loire Valley, now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. The city is bestowed with wonderful surroundings and offers a wealth of sites to discover along with an exceptional way of life. Have a great time in Angers! You’ll be charmed by museums, gardens and festivals, etc. Visit more and spend less! With your Angers City Pass, open the doors of great museums and capture the quintessence of the city’s cultural life! Make the best of your stay in Angers with this tailor-made package. The Capital of Anjou is yours! Week-end break in Angers, 4 days/ 3 nights, from 101 euros per person. This short-stay includes 3 nights in a 2 stars’ or 3 stars’ hotel, breakfast, 24 hours City Pass and 1 Angers guidebook.
- Special Weekend package: Easy and practical, enjoy a discovery weekend and fall in love with Angers and its region: choose your ** or *** hotel in Angers and your 24 or 48 hour City Pass and set off at your own speed to explore the city, its cultural and natural heritage and its lifestyle, etc. Choose your date, your hotel, and the duration of your City Pass – 24 or 48 hours. The Angers City Pass gives you free access to more than 20 sites and tours in Angers and its region at the best price.
- 3 days / 2 nights from 82 euros per person includes 2 nights in a 2 stars' or 3 stars' hotel, double room, breakfasts and 48 hours City Pass.
- Guided tours for groups and individuals: guiding and escort services in FR/ GB/ D/ SP/ I/ NL.
- ZeVisit Mobile: A different way of seeing the city! ZeVisit Mobile offers an audio guide walk using your mobile phone, so that you can discover – or rediscover – the history of the city in a lively, simple manner, going as you please. 2 versions: FR /GB.
- ZeVisit: Download the city tour in MP3 format to discover the historic sites
You can find all our offers on www.angersloiretourisme.com/en
The following services are provided by the Angers Tourist Information Centre:
- Brochures in GB/D/I/E/NL/CH/J.
- Currency exchange, boutique.
- Hotel reservations and short-stay proposals on www.angersloiretourisme.com - Tickets for cultural events.
- Small tourist train and tourist taxis.
- Guided tours all year round.
- For groups: accommodation, cruises, tailor-made packages, organisation of events.